Looking to sell your magazines? We are always buying. Our specialty is older uncommon non-fiction magazines, preferably from before 1970.
1. We do not purchase hardcover-bound magazines, National Geographic, Life, Playboy, Sports Illustrated, Sporting News, National Lampoon, JFK, MAD, Mechanix Illustrated, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Inspirations, Etude, Oprah, Hollywood, Beautiful B.C., craft, cooking, movie, woodworking, Wooden Boat, non-English language magazines, or magazines featuring royalty content. There are many others we do not buy, too many to list. In general, we prefer to buy magazines from the 1960s or earlier by the large box, but there are always exceptions. If your magazines are uncommon and contain meaningful non-fiction content please read on.
2. Email us clear photos of your stack(s) with the spine side showing. Include a summary of what you have i.e. 10 Vogues from the 1940s, 8 Times from the 1950s, etc. Please include your price expectation. We cannot make an offer for your magazines unless we can see which issues you have and what condition they are in.
3. If you choose to phone us instead of emailing the information requested above, we will most likely end the call quickly. Please respect our time and yours by following step 2.
4. We only purchase complete magazines i.e. no missing pages or clippings. If your covers are loose but present we still may purchase. Please mention any major markings, defects, water damage, odours, etc. We strongly recommend that you flip through say one out of every five of your magazines and count the pages to make sure they are complete. By shipping to us, you certify that each of your magazines is complete. If we receive incomplete magazines you will receive less than our agreed price, at our discretion.
5. Due to the high cost of shipping we strongly prefer to purchase by the box rather than a few magazines at a time.
6. Please tell us where your magazines are located so we can estimate the cost to ship to us.
7. Once we agree on a price, you securely pack and ship to us. When your box safely arrives we promptly send payment by check, or PayPal if you wish to pay their fee.
8. Please note that emails we send to gmail addresses often do not go through. If you have a gmail address and have not heard back from us, most likely our email to you bounced back and we have no other way to contact you.